The tips in this article will guide you in the right direction in how to correctly report a scam.
Some scammers have very sophisticated processes and unfortunately a lot of people can be caught out without ever realizing. If you ever find yourself a part of the 4 million people who are defrauded, every year, then following these tips will guide you in the right direction in how to correctly report frauds.
Before reporting any frauds, you must find out as much information as possible, such as:
- Mode of contact (social media, website, text, email, etc),
- The scammer name(s) (the individual, company name given, etc)
- Social media usernames, phone numbers, web address, email,
- Details you gave out, including the amount of money spent (if applicable),
- Method of payment.
For online frauds, you can visit the Citizen’s Advice website and search for ‘Scam Action Service.’
Here you will be able to contact fraud advisors, report any frauds, and ask for advice.
- You can call their helpline – 0808 250 5050,
- Chat online,
- Book a face-to-face appointment,
- Or report by filling in a form.
To find out more about how we can help you and your business become more proactive and prevent these types of issues from happening contact us at email@example.com or call us on 0800 3282852.
Your business growth. Accelerated by technology.
Timeless IMS - Your Outsourced IT Director
We help teams and individuals work more productively with technology by providing tailored intelligent managed solutions in four key areas of technology: Cloud, Security, People and Intelligence. We offer bespoke technology solution consultancy, design, procurement, implementation and ongoing managed support 24/7.